Last night the Pittsburgh Penguins fell just short of taking the contest into overtime for a second straight game. So ended their fantastic hockey season. As with any fan-base, there will be those who boo and howl about the loss, but I am proud to stand separate from them for lots of reasons. Here are some:
- Those young players played their hearts out right up until the end.
- The victories in the playoffs and in the championship series were team efforts, not the work of just a few.
- They were beaten by a great franchise, not by the Flyers.
- They gave us a great season, providing great entertainment for their fans for months.
- They didn’t whine in the post-game interviews.
- Geno stuck with it, playing hard in spite of being shut out one game after another.
- Two words: Sydney Crosby.
- JÃ¡gr does not wear the black and gold.
- Two words: The Flower.
- I actually am from the area my team calls home.
I can’t wait until next year.