An article in the Boston Globe says that the Patriots have been taping for a long time.
That brings up some questions:
- A technical question: Was it illegal to tape before this year?
- Does it really matter since the Patriots ended up choking when it counted?
- Should Specter or anyone in the the federal government involve themselves in such sports controversies? Why do politicians involve themselves in these matters?
- Should Commissioner Goodell step down? Why?
- Does this make you less of a Patriots fan (if you are one) or less of an NFL fan?
It’s funny — I never minded the Patriots until this year. I even kind of liked them. But the perfect season hype just began to turn me off. It was different than the ’85 Bears who seemed to be having fun. The Patriots seemed to be getting even — probably for the penalty leveled by Goodell. But the topper for me was this appearance by Brady.
As everyone has noted — 17 points wouldn’t have felt too bad.
I welcome your comments. Just keep them clean.