Outlook 2003 Recurring Reminders Error…

This morning, I was greeted by yet another Microsoft error. It came from Outlook 2003 and read like this:

“There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment.”

I found a fix online that instructed me to go through every active and recurring appointment, opening and re-saving each one until I, by chance, found the one giving the system grief.

Here’s what I did:

  1. Select the Calendar Folder.
  2. On the View menu, point to “Arrange By” then “Current View” and then “Recurring Appointments”.
  3. Open each appointment. Open the recurrence. Then save it.

When you try to open the damaged item, it will give you an error message. When you get this error message, delete the damaged appointment. Then close and reopen Outlook and see if the error is gone. I had to do this twice because I had two damaged recurring appointments.

If you have exceptions to appointments (days skipped, etc.) when you re-save them, you’ll get a message that says, “Any exceptions associated with this recurring appointment will be lost. If any of the exceptions are meetings, the attendees will not be notified. Is this OK?” I guess it has to be, huh?

4 thoughts on “Outlook 2003 Recurring Reminders Error…

  1. Graeme Hughes said:

    First time for me.
    I get this error message in outlook 2007 every time I open it.
    “There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. ”
    How do I delete all reminders in a batch.

    I don’t know, Graeme. I did mine one at a time. I thought there would be dozens, but it turned out there were just a few.

    Good luck.

  2. Thansk very much but I copied all my appointments to a usb stick and deleted all appointments from Outlook 2007. I still got the same error message every time i opened outlook

  3. Graeme,

    OK — I am guessing here. I think I might try doing something like this:

      Backup your outlook.pst file.
      Load outlook and work your way through the errors.
      Export all your records (calendar, email, appointments, everything).
      Close outlook.
      Rename your outlook.pst file to something like outlook.bak
      Load outlook.
      Import all your previously exported records.

    Let us know if this is possible and if it works.

Comments are closed.