Beloit has published their list of characteristics for this years freshmen. Some of the ones that stood out to me are listed below.
- They don’t remember when “cut and paste” involved scissors.
- They never saw a Howard Johnson’s with 28 ice cream flavors.
- Tom Landry never coached the Cowboys. Digital cameras have always existed.
- They do not remember “a kinder and gentler nation.”
- American Motors has never existed.
- They have grown up in a single superpower world.
- Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker have never preached on television.
- Iran and Iraq have never been at war with each other.
How do you feel about that list? It makes me feel old, and for a moment, sad that they missed some of that stuff — but oh, what incredible experiences must lie ahead for them!